The SunMine solar plant in Kimberley, BC is an innovative project that showcases six ‘first’:
- The largest solar facility West of Ontario.
- The first grid-connected solar PV installation in BC.
- The first solar tracker used in Western Canada and adapted to northern high altitude climate
- The first re-development of a remediated industrial site into a solar farm in Canada.
- The first large solar project supported by a Canadian mining company in Canada.
- The first large solar facility developed and owned & operated by a Canadian municipality.