Solar energy yield of optimized solar system in Alberta and BC, Canada based on TMY.
The maps represent the annual energy yield in kWh per kWp of a PV solar system installed on six types of mounting option: 2-axis (full) tracker, vertical axis tracker (VAT), horizontal axis trackers North-South (HATNS), orizontal axis trackers East-West (HATEW), polar trackers and fixed.
Values based on:
- SUNY hourly satellite data from 2002 to 2008 with a 10 km x 10 km definition.
- Panel inclination set for the best energy yield at each location, (contrary to other solar maps that calculate the yield with a panel tilt equal to the latitude, which is rarely the optimum)
- Correction for ambient temperature and low irradiation (PV Modules are more efficient in low temperature and less efficient in low irradiation level).
- SUNY hourly data ±10%.
- Temperature: Suny does not provide ground temperature. The temperature is correlated with the closest weather station from CWEEDS. (see CWEEDS-based maps)
- Standard deviation: Calculated on 30+ years of data from CWEEDS .